Tuesday, November 04, 2008

pool

went swimming at the local pool. it felt good. pete and I didn't share a lane, and actually had quite a productive workout. pete was even doing flip turns; I am so proud.

whenever I get back in the pool I get nervous about my left shoulder. I'm happy to say it didn't hurt. let's hope that as I put swimteam back into my regular routine I don't have any more problems with it. because seriously. I'm done with injuries!

the workout felt really good. I always love the way swimming makes me feel afterward. I will say, however, that I am still feeling yesterday's workout. I am sore. the run + the core workout + raking one billion leaves really threw my muscles through a loop. they don't know what to do with themselves. let's hope they figure it out soon.


500 warm up
4 X 50 kick
12 X 25 IM (sans free)
50, 75, 100 descending
25 breast
500 free
100, 75, 50 ascending
25 breast
4 X 50 hypoxic (strokes per breath: 5/25, 7/25)
100 cool down


1 hr; swimteam

1 comment:

Dansie Family said...

you are so good to swim. i am doing a pool tri this weekend and i haven't been swimming since sept and i am not sure why i signed up to do it. i would love to have the swimming talent you have.