Monday, November 03, 2008

the plan: 45 minute run, 15 minute core

I wanted to go exploring this morning, so I went in the opposite direction that I usually go. I had pete's watch on because I wanted to run for time rather than a set distance I thought I should run. 45 minutes was the plan. I ended with 48:00:36 on the display.

I actually took this run pretty easy, compared to my "easy" runs last week. I certainly didn't push it. my ankle didn't really hurt per se, but my tendon feels pretty tight. my legs were a little tight as well (I think it's from jumping right back into this training routine--they need some time to adjust) but overall I felt fine.

the run ended up being over five miles, according to the mapmyrun.

afterward I (and I really mean afterward... after I stretched... after I ate... after I showered...) did some core strengthening exercises that I plan to do three times per week. I picked it up off of runnersworlddotcom a while ago, but I copied + pasted everything into a document for easier printing and now I don't know the address to the article or anything. so sorry if you were dying to know what it all entails. maybe in the near future (especially if I stick with it and it actually helps me get that toned mid-section!) I will devote a full post to the routine. get excited.

5.36 miles

No comments: