so things are going well. it's still much of the same. people ask me if I feel cleansed. in all honesty, I don't feel much different. I know I have gotten rid of stuff in my body. I mean, I haven't eaten anything solid in seven days now and I'm still eliminating every day. so that tells me something. but I don't feel like a sparkling, shiny new version of myself or anything. I think I'll probably--hopefully--notice it when I ease myself back into regular foods. my energy levels should be up and I should feel clean. let's all hope and pray. {because if I don't, I'll be slightly irritated.}
in an attempt of normalcy, I like to put my juice in the cupboard. {I have to split the 32 oz up into two nalgenes--one big and one baby--so I have mixing room for the extra stuff. while I'm sippin' on the baby nalgene, the big one gets to wait in the cupboard.} it makes me feel like I'm just grabbin' something tasty to eat. we all know what a lie that is. but I try and trick myself into believing it every day anyway. so the juice has a home right next to the syrup, cayenne, sea salt and tea. they're all friends.I'm still only taking in two nalgenes a day. but I have plenty of energy to sustain myself. the funny thing about this whole experiment, is that I haven't really craved food. at all. me. anna jo. not pining for food. sure I'd see something or smell something or even just think about something delicious and I'd think to myself, that would be nice. but that's it. I wouldn't dwell on it. because for the most part, I haven't even been that hungry. I even cooked today and was barely phased by it! {I did almost slip up when I took the eggplant out of the oven and the pepperjack cheese was gooey and deliscious. I had to catch myself, because without thinking I almost tried to take a nibble.} I watch cooking shows and read foodie blogs. I browse through recipes. nothing. it's truly amazing. cooking for peter tonight was fun because it took me out of my mundane juice life and into the fabulous world of cooking that I've missed so much. I even donned my apron. I've missed that.



No comments:
Post a Comment