if the stupid maple syrup weren't so expensive (I can't believe how much I've spent in maple syrup alone! and I'd have to go drop another twenty bucks tomorrow to continue with this thing) I'd probably do it. I'm sure there's more to flush out of me. but a lot of people do it for eight days and that's good enough. honestly, a lot of what's holding me back is the fear of-- well, the unkown. the fear of my body revolting anything but this stupid lemonade drink. when I start drinking orange juice tomorrow, and then vegetable broth and soups the next day is it going to make me feel sick? am I not going to have the sustained energy I've experienced with just the orange juice? am I going to crash and burn tomorrow? it freaks me out. maybe I'll just be anorexic for the rest of my life. {okay, we all know that is not happening!} oh yeah, and then there's the whole probiotic debate. I'm supposedly depleted of those in my system now, and all the literature I've read say I should take a probiotic supplement. pete tells me I should just eat our yogurts that have probiotic cultures. now my question is this: is the probiotic culture in my yogurt enough? do the pills have more, the needed amount I need to restore my body's natural probiotic levels? someone help me out here, I'm freaking out!
okay, phew! I just had to get all that out. {did I just detox or what?!}
speaking of detox, here are some symptoms I think I had:
sometimes I would have a general feeling of tiredness, or yuckiness, or coldness.so who knows. I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow--day one post-cleanse. I am still planning on drinking the tea tonight and doing the salt water flush in the morning. I feel that I've been drinking this bloody lemonade juice all day, which supposedly loosens up the toxins and built up crap, why not flush it all out of my system tomorrow. then I will be done with it. gone. out of my body and out of my life.
there was one day (that this was extremely noticeable) that I was having a hard time remembering things. mostly relating to speach. I was having a hard time trying to think of specific words or what I wanted to say in general. and then when I did think of the word(s) I was having an awfully hard time getting them out of my mouth.
last night my legs were a little achy. and I've had some random headaches.
I only have one more day of drinking ocean. . .



4 comments:
Anna Jo, you are amazing! I'm completely impressed with you, as always. :) I think you should go back to eating food. In fact I've heard once you start adding food back into your diet that's when you start to notice how good you feel and you stop feeling so..bizarre.
As for the probiotics, I think the pills would probably have the most "bugs" in them, although those drinkable probiotic yogurts would probably be your second best bet, followed by regular probiotic yogurt. You could always ask your friendly neighborhood health food store person. They usually know that stuff.
Is it ridiculous that I've been following your cleanse religiously? I think I'm just jealous because I can't try it right now.
K, I'm intrigued by your cleansing journey. Good for you for trying it and I'm glad it has gone fairly well.
I'd like to try it, but would most likely wait until after the marathon. Not sure if I could go 8-10 days, mine might have to be a mini-cleanse.
Has the lemon concoction made your teeth more sensitive?
Thanks for documenting for your fans! :)
way to go anna! you're amazing. i just knew you could do it.
Post a Comment