Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ankles and hammies and safety jogs oh my!

I haven't gone running at all since the Mud Run. I've been taking it pretty easy since I have a huge race this weekend. Okay, really I haven't been running because I've been so busy I haven't had time to get out there until after 10 o'clock at night! And since Luke Bingham moved back East who am I supposed to go on a safety jog with?! So I've been "taking it easy" instead.

I did play Secret Frisbee last night. I've been a little worried about my left ankle since my surfing adventure last weekend. When I went surfing last year I trashed my ankle on some rocks at San Onofre. Doheny was pretty rocky too, so everytime I whiped out I tried really hard to be concious of the bottom and not jam my foot on any rocks. I don't remember really hitting any too hard. But these past fews days my ankle has been bugging me a little. To my relief, it didn't start hurting when I ran. I think it bothered it, but there wasn't pain with each step like last year. Hopefully I didn't set myself back with this one. I thought it was really starting to heal.

My hamstrings are a whole other story. I hate them. While Don, Tori and I were throwing around before we started playing I tweaked my right hammy a little bit. It hurt the rest of the night. I tried not to run very hard or cut very much, which was a little frustrating. Netti Maxfield had a great game because of it! I hope I didn't do too much damage last night. I did ice, though, when I got home.

So the WBR is this weekend and I'm pretty excited. We keep finding replacement runners that in turn bail out on us. It's been a rocky road. Hopefully we'll find someone before tomorrow. Otherwise someone will have to run six legs instead of three. I contimplated it last night when I thought Karla still wasn't totally on board with the whole idea. She is now, so I guess I wont have to be running almost 30 miles -- thank goodness! I was willing to do it, though. I'm that hardcore.

~2 hours; Secret Wednesday; Bryant

No comments: