Thursday, May 12, 2005

What do you think I am, made of money?!

We didn't go swimming last night. The HPER has new summer hours. We went over to Steiner Aquatics, but it costs $5 just to go lap swimming, $6 for Masters. We're too poor, instead we went to Smith's and bought healthy food.

I was looking online yesterday at a running club I might join and the Masters swim team at Steiner's. My co-worker, Kelley, just dropped off a flyer for Sonic Yoga, the studio she practices at. Everything just costs so much money!! But if I'm truly committed to my goal of Boston, I feel that these would be really helpful things in my life.

I guess I can live without the running club. But that's the cheapest one: only fifteen bucks a year! What would be most beneficial is getting a pass at Steiner's. If I swim Masters I'll be getting that quality, kick-you-in-the-butt kind of swim workout that I need. Sure I can go swim laps on my own, but it's not the same intensity and I'm a little lazy. The yoga studio would just be all around good for me to increase flexibility and hopefully reshape my body into a leaner version of myself. But maybe I can find a studio that will let me work there 1-2 hours a week in exchange for some sessions.

Nat and I didn't wake up early and do anything this morning. I didn't want to go running because my ankle hurts and I don't want to overdo it. I'm playing frisbee tonight anyway. I love league night!

No comments: