Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Day 1 of a new life

My roommate, Natalie Cornell, and I are rededicating ourselves to running. We trained for the innagural Salt Lake City Marathon together over a year ago, and now we're training for the Wasatch Back Relay together as well. We've decided to wake up early in the morning to get a run in and some days we'll workout in the evening as well. Tonight we're going lap swimming. We're going to eat healthier too.

This morning's run was interesting. Here we are, nearly in the middle of May and it is snowing! It reminded us both of the old days--each long run we fought cold rain and snow it seems.

Despite the usual random pains I was fine. Natalie almost had a fainting spell, though. She said that she sometimes gets this weird feeling in her collar bone and then she'll get dizzy. I'm glad she was okay, because I had already ran up ahead.

I hope we can keep up our early morning workouts.

~3 miles; 8th East to Kensington Ave

No comments: