Frisbee was cancelled last night. The field conditions were too bad. All this rain, without any sunny days to dry it out, has left the field totally saturated. It would do more harm to play than good. So with the field's best interest in mind I was okay with not having league night. There will be other days for frisbee.
I went running instead. It had to be quick because Netti, Heather, Shannon, Don, and I were going to go out to eat (we do every Thursday after City League) at 6:30pm.
I blamed all my problem's on my last pair of running shoes. They just never felt right; my legs didn't feel good in them. I had chronic problems all throughout my training for Salt Lake. Maybe that's one reason I never went running. A week after the marathon I went back to Salt Lake Running Co., got on the treadmill for a biomechanics analysis to see if those shoes were even right for my foot-type. I over pronate, which means I need a stability shoe to stop my ankle from collapsing on the foot strike and roll through of my stride. The guy that was helping me brought out a bunch of different brands of stability shoes and I tried them on to see which was most comfortable. In the store it was easy to tell which felt best on my feet. The Aasics. So I purchased them. The guy looked it up in the computer and they were the exact pair I had previously, just probably the newer model (these had yellow accents instead of blue). But they felt the most comfortable! I was a little worried I would have the same problems, but still I walked out the door with them.
Last night's run was a testament to how I have been feeling all these prior months. My legs don't feel good. My right hamstring hurts. It felt like I was running with shin splints. I had this pain running all the way up my leg. It's either the shoe or the cambered street I was running on. Maybe I should go back and get another pair. Because on new shoes I don't think I should be feeling like this at all.
~2 miles, 9th East to 1300 South
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment