Monday, July 30, 2012

the long ride

I did not do my long run this weekend and opted for the bike ride instead.  I figured at this point in my training a  swap would do no harm.  we didn't do the full 3 hour ride, but cut it short (it ended up being 2h20m of riding) so I could get home quicker to the babe.  we were a little unsure if she would take a bottle, as I had previously determined she would not (after one failed attempt.  hey, I hate pumping.)

so anyway, the ride...

we did the legacy parkway trail, starting at the redwood road trail head (not sure what it's actually called) and rode north.  the trail is pretty flat and long, so it's a great place to get a longer ride in.  my friend thinks we did about 30 miles.  effort miles, to me at least, seemed more like fifty.  it didn't help that we had a head wind on the way back.  stupid head wind.

my, oh my I wanted to just get off my bike and die towards the end.  my legs were really not ready for that.  they were like, what is this?  spinning?  we don't do this.  and definitly not for this long.  get off that bike, girl and go lay in the grass!  (we did pass a park with a splash pad and let me just say I was VERY tempted to call it quits right there!)

every part of my body hurt.  my neck and shoulders were really tight.  both of my hamstrings were screaming.  even my wrists weren't loving life.   but after it was all said and done I was glad I got out there.


No comments: