Wednesday, July 18, 2012

the journey

thank you, baby, for waking up at 6a to eat.  I really do appreciate it.

headed out in the cool early morning.  it felt good.  I couldn't help but think of my running journey.  of where I started and how far I've come.  and then again, my journey post babies and drop foot.  I thought of those runs that helped define me as a runner.  the struggles, the accomplishments, the people along the way.  it's been a good journey so far, and I know the second phase of the journey is just beginning.

I tacked on a little bit extra to this route.  I just mapped it out and it was 3.68 miles.

the normal aches and pains.  my right hamstring bugged me a little bit.  et cetera, et cetera.  I'd like to think I would be the fastest runner out there if not for these random nagging injuries.  oh well, it keeps me humble.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's a good journey. I really like this short quick post!