Saturday, August 23, 2008

the peter + anna duathlon

bike:
man, biking up 17th south can be hard. especially when you actually haven't biked in a very long time. and your legs are already feeling dead for some reason. my hamstrings were feeling it early on. but the ride wasn't too bad.

swim:
whoah. my first 50 meters was like a shock to the system. my shoulders felt very tight. my arms were dead. it felt like a long, slow, painful crawl to the other side of the pool. the return 50 was about the same. the next 100 meters felt considerably better. I still felt pretty slow out there for most of the workout, but it got better as I went. I did some kicking + pull buoy. I did some breast + back. and a lot of freestyle. pete and I did some 50 meter sprint races. I blew up in the freestyle race; halfway through I had nothing left in the tank. I paced myself much better in the breastroke race. afterward I helped pete work on his flipturn.

bike:
the bike home I had a few problems with my chain. but otherwise it was pretty uneventful. it was a fun ride down the hill to our casa.

No comments: