Monday, August 25, 2008

the good life

ah, my job is over and life can begin again. I can run when I want to and have the time to do what I want creatively. it's a good feeling.

so this morning, at the time I would have had to have been at work, I went running. it was 7:30am and nearly 70 degrees. a little hotter than I would have liked, but definitely not bad. especially in the shade. the kids were all lined up at the bus stop waiting to go to their first day of school. I love this time of year.

I probably started out a bit too fast. I think I was just so excited to be out there, with the prospect of routine, daily runs. I could feel my right hamstring and near the end of the run my left IT band was starting to bug a bit too. when I got home I rolled out my legs before and after stretching. I may or may not ice. we'll see.

3 miles

4 comments:

Chris said...

I likes me the routine as well! Glad to see you are back and enjoying the Kenyan Within lifestyle again. Good luck, take it slow. So I thought you were a teacher or working in education? Is it just in the summers? What about the rest of the year?

anna jo said...

I'm a non-traditional educator: I help run a summer day camp through the youth education department at the university of utah. so the summer is my main gig, and I work very part time hours the rest of the year. which means after I have a short hiatus I'll be back up in the youth ed office and then eventually I'll have to find some other part time job to supplement that until the spring rolls around.

it's a pretty good situation I've got going on--I get to change kids' lives + teach what I want. oh, and I get to be outside most of the time. :)

Brianna said...

Ah, fresh starts for everyone. This is a great time of year.

We start the school year next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to bring us - and the window of opportunity it gives me for running in the mornings with just one in the jogger!

Hooray for morning runs!

Jen said...

My life is the opposite. I can go when I want in the summer because I have a baby sitter and during the school year I'm stuck with the stroller or the treadmill or very dark early mornings. Yuck to all of the above. Too bad summer's so hot later in the morning. Oh well.