Sunday, June 01, 2008

last week recap

wednesday: swimteam. I busted out a 1500m to see how long it would take me in a pool. 35 minutes. (hopefully I didn't tack on any extra laps... it's easy to lose track) I wonder how long it will take in the washing machine of a cold reservoir, with hundreds of little feet kicking me in the face. I can't wait for my first open water swim! oh, and after I swam my little 1500 I went and did twenty minutes on the stationary bike. it was my first brick.

thursday: elliptical. if I remember correctly, I did 45 minutes.

friday: swimteam. pete, tori, and I had our own little early AM swimteam. coach tori made up the workout and it was a lot of fun. let's see if I can remember what we did... okay, I can't really remember the sets. I do remember that my arms were tired from the beginning. but it felt great to be out there swimming.

saturday: again we had planned to do a ride, but again the day slipped away until there was no time for a ride. if I'm going to do this olympic triathlon, I should probably get out on my bike at least once. don't you think? my butt is going to have one huge shock in the saddle if I don't.

tomorrow we are going to go on a ride in leu of the PM swim. I might even try and get in a little swim on my own in the morning. hopefully tori doesn't mind. but I need to get on that bike!

4 comments:

Chris said...

So do you have your eye on any particular race? I don't know if I answered you in one of my other comments, but I totally think you could do an Olympic and I think you would rock it! I was talking to other tri geeks over the weekend who said the Provo Tri was pretty good (also uses the same course, just a little shorter, that the Utah half uses in August). Also the Scofield Tri is supposed to be really sweet.

anna jo said...

I'm planning on doing the cache valley tri - june 21st

Brianna said...

It is good that you have a team to swim with! That is what I'd need if I was going to bust into the world of tri. I think I'm going to play it safe and give a duathlon a try instead, though. It is baby steps for this runner gal!

Good luck with your fast approaching race! :)

Dansie Family said...

the more i read, the more i love your blog. i need to use some of your workouts. i have a running/tri club in s. utah. and this is just motivating. thanks.