Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"are you trying out that wetsuit, or is the pool really that cold!?"

I picked up the wetsuit from my friend katie. pete and I then went straight to the pool for a quick practice session. the wetsuit fits and I'm ready to go. I like feeling so buoyant, but we'll see if it affects my arms over the long haul.

I can't wait for that uber cold water! bring it on!

3 comments:

Chris said...

So I was super excited about the buoyancy as well! Of course I am such a geek, I was lying awake in bed at about 3 AM the other day thinking..."I bet I could use all arms, and save my legs to the rest of the race." So I think I might try that strategy, just like imagining I have a pull buoy with me. There are also no USAT regulations on drafting off of other swimmers. If you can keep up with the fast ones, you should conserve energy and hopefully they are decent navigators! My thoughts are to really just survive the swim, not set a PR. But we'll see how it goes, I'll probably be so fired up I'll go out like a madman and then end up doing breast stroke for the final 1000 yards!

Jen said...

Good luck this weekend! I'm sure you'll do great and I can't wait to hear all about it!

anna jo said...

chris, when I was in the pool with my wetsuit on I noticed I wasn't really kicking at all... it's like a pool buoy for your whole body!