remember how my foot was hurting on friday? well, technically it probably hurt a little on previous runs too. . . but friday it was pretty apparent.
since I didn't run on saturday (but I did ride my bike along the salt lake marathon's course a bit) or sunday, I figured my foot would start to feel better. it hasn't. I'm over three weeks out to my race. this cannot be happening to me! the thought of not being able to run it just tears me up inside. I have worked so hard, and devoted my life to this and my goal of qualifying for boston.
so I'm trying to stay positive. I'm trying to focus on the things I actually have control over. the things I can do to help the situation. and hopefully, in the end, make it better. make it work.
so I'm going to implement rest. I'm going to also be implementing active rest -- aka cross training. which pretty much means I will be spending the rest of my life in the pool. I tried water running yesterday for the first time in my life. it's interesting, but if it can keep me fit without being able to do much else I'll take it! I mean, who doesn't love to wear the geriatric floaty belt? love it!
I also think swimming will be okay.
so everyone send some good, positive vibes my way. I'm going to need them. this is just one more road block I'll have to work through for this thing. trust me, this isn't the first time during this training season that I've felt like it's all been totally hopeless. and then I usually come back stronger than ever. pray for me!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh a.jokes, I will definitely pray for you and also send good foot vibes your way as well!!
You are a champion and I LoVe you!
I'm praying! Your George Sheehan quote says it all. BTW, I saw Scotty on the news that night. I wondered if you guys were standing nearby.
The same thing happened to me last summer between the DesNews marathon and the Top of Utah. I spent a lot of time in the pool and on the bike and ended up feeling good on the marathon. Well, I'm still 15 seconds shy of Boston, but I'm glad I took some time off of the foot.
This was totally me last year before our Deseret News marathon...I spent a ton o' time in the pool and in spinning. It worked out...no boston time but i just had to be happy with finishing.
I then did another one a couple months later.
Not ideal, but it worked.
I feel your pain!!!
Good vibes sent...
Post a Comment