I have a problem. I need multiple meals throughout the day to live. I eat breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, et cetera. lately, though, I've been going without the afternoon snack. either a) because I'm too busy, or 2) because I'm not feeling hungry enough to take a break at work. usually in the latter situation, okay both of the situations, I end up feeling suddenly starved but by this time it's too late to eat anything because I'm almost off work and will be going running immediately after. and we all know how I have a wacky thing with food and exercising. I need at least a few hours in between. (usually. I find I'm getting better.) so by the time I actually get to my run, I'm so hungry I could gnaw off my leg. not a fun thing. I should probably just force myself to eat in the afternoon, even if it is just a little bit, to avoid these situations.
I did the quick three miler today. (you know, as opposed to the long three miler.) I was too hungry for anything else. and it was cold. my legs could feel it through the tights. maybe I should've doubled up. I felt pretty good out there, though. nice quick turnover.
I stretched a little when I got back. (I didn't start stretching right away because my muscles were so cold.) and then I forced myself to ice. I almost didn't. but then I did.
just so you know: when I got home I had half a banana with some peanut butter. (why half a banana? I'm still not sure. maybe I was thinking I was going to be eating dinner soon and didn't want to ruin my appetite. as if that could happen.) I was planning on making baked potatoes for dinner, but since we had roasted red potatoes in our dinner last night and then leftovers today, I didn't really want to eat more potatoes. but I did have a hankering for some treaty cornbread. so I made that. and then I had nothing else to really go with it so I ended up (after eating half the pan--peter helped and it was just a little pan) having some honeycombs and bites of the beef pete was making for his burritos. oh, and the other half of the banana. it was a very nutritious meal, as you can see.
3 miles; liberty park loop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
On your drive home from work could you down a Goo packet and some water or juice? Would give you a little sustenance for a run. Always good to do a little training with them so you are used to them for the marathon.
Or have you ever seen those 100 calorie packs? They come in Oreo's and Cheese Nips and some others. Anyway, seems like that would be an easy fix cause you could just bust one of those out without any preparation. I don't stand by them as the most nutritionally perfect food, but they are quick and easy and good portion. Of course I think they are geared for those of us (read that as me...) who are trying to lose weight, I see them on the TV show The Biggest Loser all of the time.
Post a Comment