Wednesday, November 07, 2007

a good day for a run

I'm sitting here eating milk + cookies (just one, don't worry) as I ice and type. man, this is multi-tasking to the extreme! it's a peanut butter cookie, does that count for my post run carb + protein? {I used this cookie as a reward for going running today--not that I didn't want to run and needed an incentive, rather the cookie has been staring me in the face for a whole day now and I needed a good excuse to eat it. food as reward, is that bad? maybe next time I'll just give myself the excuse to go shopping.}

I've had a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head about running today. I find it's the best time to think about other things while at work. and running usually pops up a lot in those thoughts. but today was an especially good day. more to come on that later, I'm sure.

the first few steps out on my run today I could feel my hamstring. it lessened as I ran and loosened up. by the end of the run it wasn't really bugging me and I felt good. it was just a beautiful time of day (and year) to be out there on the streets. I ran around liberty. the leaves are falling in abundance. the perimeter dirt path was mostly covered. the air was cool, but not so much so that I needed more than shorts and a tee. the afternoon light was slanting. I was caught up in the moment. it was just me out there. I didn't think of the other runners. I didn't try to race anyone. it was just me. my body. step for step. this is why I love running.

3.25 miles; liberty park perimeter loop, 8th east

1 comment:

Rick Edge said...

I'd run for a peanut butter cookie. Mama Letty disfavors them, so we never have them.
Yep, 20 miles I'd run...