north. east. south. west. a mile out and back in each direction. eight miles. water every two. these are the tricks you learn when you've been doing this as long as I have. (and you're a little princess who will not carry water with her on the run.)
I put my water bottle in the baby pug tree a block away from my house (apartment d, if anyone is interested in purchasing "baby pug's") and started out on what felt like my first real long run of training. it was the first run of the year outside as well. it felt good. the sun was out. fresh snow on the ground. my legs were moving. it felt great.
near the end of the run, somewhere tucked away in mile 7 my legs started to feel tight. I stretched when I got home. I tried to take an ice bath, but lasted about five seconds. it was really hurting my feet. when I get into the higher mileage I'll just have to be brave and tough it out. I still need to buy some bags of petite frozen pees to ice my ailments individually.
the run felt good, though. I'm a little sore today, but not bad. my ankles and knees are holding up. hopefully that continues.
8 miles; 2 miles radiating out from 1700 south and 600 east
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Frozen pees or peas? It makes a difference!
Sounds like a great run - are you training for any race in particular or just long runs for the sake of running? I like the 2 miles each direction idea - I'm a treadmill girl, myself, but that really intrigues me. Way to go!
Post a Comment