Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The effects of Monday night

There's something about Monday night disc that just brings out the worst in me sometimes. Maybe it's the fact that I find some of those people down right irritating. Maybe I just want to play with my friends. Or maybe I am always wishing some other person was there. Maybe I wish we could get rid of the riff-raff and just play some good ultimate. Who knows.

I do know, however, that when I get irritated at frisbee it's not fun. It manifests itself in two ways usually: cursing or apathy. Last night things may have slipped out under my breath, but not only was I frustrated with the lame guys that come, I was also frustrated with myself and my lack of frisbee catching abilities at the moment. I am still sick, and I think it was affecting my game. I got a little better as the night progressed.

I love my apathy sometimes. It means I don't have to run becuase basically I don't care! It's great. This is only backyard frisbee, mind you, so it doesn't matter so much to me if we win or lose. It's just not that intense.

Paul Moss told me on Sunday that playing frisbee with me (and Don) is "just so intense." He kept using that word, intense. Really? I guess a little. I guess frisbee is just frisbee to him. To me it's an actual sport and I can become a little competitive at times. I didn't think I was that intense, though.

You know, Monday nights are actually kind of funny. Tori gets a mouth on her and is full of spit and fire. There's usually some good gossip to be had, and we all know how I love good gossip. I do get to see a lot of my friends and run around a field. Even with the jerks, I still enjoy it enough that I keep coming back every week. I guess in the end, I just like to play!

1.5 hrs; Bryant; discs of fury.

Post Script: I left last night with a tight IT Band and a sore hamstring, but I did nothing for them when I got home. As I was trying to sleep they were kind of bugging me, but I was so tired that I didn't care. I need to start taking better care of myself.

No comments: