okay, so as promised... the haunted half race report! it's only a year and a half late. and I don't really remember much about it. other than it was awesome.
and that it can be slightly difficult to run in fairy wings. (sometimes it helps if you turn them upside down.) and that a sparkly skirt makes you feel pretty.
* * *
so I pretty much had a baby 7 months prior, and prior to that I was still in the trenches of drop foot recovery (and still am, technically, but whatever.), so running this half marathon was kind of a big deal to me. I hadn't done anything this big in so long, that the distance seemed daunting. but I was determined to get 'er done.
so I trained. and had chronic tightness. (but I'm not sure that's anything new in my life. as per the whole rest of this blog.) but I did it.
the course goes down emigration canyon, which is quite fun in autumn. (and any time of year.) it was a cool, crisp day. perfect running weather. it was mostly downhill, with some uphills thrown in for good measure. (research park, near the university of utah had a hill that kicked my butt. wasn't expecting that!) the race ends through memory grove, which is always fun.
I was trying to look up my time, but apparently the 2012 results just don't exist anymore. I think it was just over 2 hours. but yeah. fun race. I did it! my first longer distance race post babies! whoot!




1 comment:
Better late than never, right?! I am always in awe of your awesomeness, coach a.jokes.
Post a Comment