Friday, November 13, 2009

right now

right now the only exercise I can really do is walking. and swimming, but only with the pull buoy. oh, and all my PT exercises. PT exercises, you say? what happened to your kenyan?? nerve damage. foot drop. no postpartum bounce back for anna jo.

oh how I yearn for running. lacing up those shoes on a chilly autumn day. heading out in a long sleeve tee and shorts. or even tights. to just feel that freedom of movement; my legs moving, my lungs and heart pumping. I miss the motion.

sometimes when I'm out walking with the little man I pretend I'm running. I try to feel that motion inside of me. sometimes it almost works.

right now I have to be positive. I have to be hopeful. I have to be patient.

eventually the nerves should regenerate. my foot will remember how to hold itself up. I won't have to wear a brace just to walk normally. it will just take time.

so right now I'm looking forward to the future. planning a tentative race schedule for next season. we'll see what time brings. hopefully it brings my foot back.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I hope it brings your foot back as well and to Georgia in November 2010 for a marathon :D

anna jo said...

yep, that's on the tentative schedule! you better be running it too, sister!