Monday, November 16, 2009

2010 race season: the tentative commitment.

here is what I'm looking forward to next season. am hoping the foot cooperates!

salt lake city marathon 5K - this time with the little pj man on the outside of me, in the running stroller. we will have come full circle, one year later, my little training partner and I.
saturday, april 17, 2010

camp pendleton mud run
- we didn't end up doing this last year because of pregnancy and injury and it was really sad. so I vow to do it this year. it's my favorite race ever and it's a great excuse to play in the sand + surf in SoCal.
saturday, june 5 (or 12), 2010

hobble creek half marathon - I'm trying to talk my mother into walking this. she's pretty hardcore, even though she doesn't believe she is. she does at least half this distance on a daily basis, so training for the full 13.1 wouldn't really be that big of a stretch. everyone who knows her should tell her to do it.
saturday, august 22, 2010

atlanta marathon - if we can swing it, I really want to do this with my sister + brother inlaw. what better excuse to eat your heart out on thanksgiving than having run 26.2 that morning? free pass for sure! plus I just want to go out and see them and their cute kids in georgia. it would be a win, win, win.
thursday, november 25, 2010

I know I want to do at least one triathlon somewhere in there, but not really sure which one(s). at this point I'm not even sure if it would be sprint or olympic (probably olympic). may and july don't have anything, so that might be something to look at. decisions, decisions! oh how I love planning out the future races. it does my heart good.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

A definite win, win, win! I hope all the stars align to make that possible.

:D

Dansie Family said...

looks like a great schedule. i say throw in the utah summer games tri in june. not as serious as st george tri, and better weather and cheaper. unfortunately (or fortunately) I am in the same boat you were last year and will just watch all my friends compete. I may try the st george half-marathon in january if i am still feeling good. and I want to do, but not register for, the st george marathon with my sis. it'll be her first and it sounds like a fun thing to do at her pace 3 months post giving birth.

Have a great year.

Jen said...

You are awesome! It sounds like a very fun year. The mud run sounds interesting!

mary plus vince said...

*mud run: we're in!

*atlanta marathon: i'd love to (maybe do the half?), but we'll just have to see.

go sistah, go!

Dansie Family said...

st george tri (may) and kokopelli (sept) tri are super cheap right now. www.bbsc.com. they are only 60 instead of 90 but you have to register by jan 1. i am seriously thinking of doing kokopelli. it'll be a good post baby race. think about it.