we're in training for the long course right now. so we'll have to pace each other. september 26th is the big race. and I cannot wait.
but back to our first race together. . . the salt lake marathon 5K. we paced ourselves and made sure we weren't running too hard. it's important to keep that conversational pace, or so they say. I actually felt pretty good. especially since I hadn't gone on a run at all last week. {work sucked the life out of me. every day felt like a workout anyway, so I think I'm okay} there's that stretch of road while you're on state street, heading up to the turn at south temple that felt like it took forever. the long, slight incline is deceiving, that's for sure. but the finish at the gateway is always fun.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least slightly bummed to not be running the marathon or the half. there will be time for that in the future. I mean, I had a blast with the 5K and our first race together as training partners. {and with my other running buddies, marta and heidi, of course!}
I'm pretty sure fetus took first place in the unborn division.
chip time: 30:41
pace: 9:53



6 comments:
I cannot wait for that big race in September either. I sure am excited to be fetus' aunt!
...I remember when I was pregnant with Peter and Paul ran that marathon again and it felt strange to not be doing it as well... fetus-Peter and I should have done the 5K like you. fetus totally deserves a medal, not too shabby of a chip time for fetus' first race!
You are totally hard core! When I read your facebook thing about eating carbs, I actually thought you were going to run the marathon though, so I was happy to see that while you are hard core, you are not crazy. :-)
This babe will be so in shape for the big event!
yay, i'm excited to meet your new lil' running partner! go ajokes + fetus!
Congratulations! I was secretly wondering if that was the reason for your lack of posting. I hope you're feeling good. I'm so impressed that you're still out there tearing it up. You guys will be great parents.
way to go! how awesome of you to race while prego. and they make the best racing partners.
Post a Comment