I did buy shoes on friday, but didn't have time to make it to the gym. so I decided I would wear my new shoes on the long run (which isn't necessarily a smart idea) to avoid having to wear the old ones (I think they were doing more harm than good).
driving to the gym broke my heart. it was such. a. beautiful. day. I was jealous of every runner I passed. but I didn't want to get the new shoes dirty--just in case. and if I was starting to get blisters or anything weird, I wanted my old shoes at the ready. so the treadmill seemed like the best option.
I pretty much wanted to kill myself the whole time. I really don't understand the people who love to run on these things. (like my friend scotty who trained for the salt lake city marathon purely on a tready and then went to rock the marathon like it was nothing) I'll take a cold day on the streets in january over that anytime.
I didn't get any blisters. my left arch felt a little weird for the first mile or so, but then that subsided. my IT bands would flare, but I kept stretching about every two miles. so far so good in the new shoes.
10 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ugh! 10 miles? In new shoes? And you lived to tell? You go!!! I can't do more than 5 on a treadmill. I bet you'll really appreciate your next outdoor run. :)
i have been avoiding my long run because i refuse to do it on the tread. but i promise i will get in a ten-miler by saturday (1 week before half-marathon that i am not trained for).
Post a Comment