Friday, June 06, 2008

mini swim

today was one of those busy, jam-packed with fun days. you know the type, you have to rush around and do all this crap and try and squeeze in a workout in between all the other crap you have to do.

so after work I had to rush over to steiner to swim before going home and getting ready for the family pictures. {which sucked because I had to make myself look presentable for the photo--and with not a lot of time to do that, it gets a little hectic!} oh yeah, and I had to rely on public trans so I was waiting on someone else's timetable. yeah. fun.

so I got there with enough time to actually swim for 45 minutes, which is better than I was expecting. my workout wasn't the greatest. I basically just swam. I'd do some laps, stop and stretch. bust out a few more. do some slightly faster. some breast stroke. but mostly just these mindless freestyle laps. {though there was one 100 IM thrown in there for good measure} It was really just whatever. I will say this, though, a swim workout goes by much faster when you actually have a workout. mindless swimming without an overall purpose gets a little old.

but at least I was in the pool. at least I had a little bit of time to do something. on a busy day like this, I'll take anything I can get.

No comments: