the cold is still lingering a little, but overall I am feeling much better. the swim was pretty good tonight and I even had the joy of leading the lane. my left shoulder has been bugging me a little bit lately when I swim. maybe I need to stretch it out more. maybe my stroke is a little wacky. who knows.
all I know is that I love being in the pool. I had the thought as I was doing my warmup today, that just being there is making me a better swimmer. a better athlete. even if I'm not becoming faster or even feeling good for that particular workout, I am becoming better. I am putting in the work. I think we all need a reminder every once in a while. just keep at it, even if you're not seeing significant gains right now. it's making you stronger. it's making you better.
warmup
8 X 50 kick
4 X 150 (3:30)
4 X 100 (2:20)
4 X 50 (1:20)
cooldown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
the reminders definitely help and give you that little extra encouragement to keep on keep'n on.
sister, you're a rock star!
Along the same lines I recently read a quote from somebody, it was about swimming and putting the time in...he said "Garbage in, Garbage out" meaning if you put in those quality workouts the results will speak for themselves. For some reason when I was swimming the other day I remembered this as I was dead tired and considering cutting my set short. Like you said, it's those little reminders that keep us going!
i so wish that i loved the pool- maybe once i can figure out a good pair of goggles and how to swim!
i hope you're feeling better!!!
Thanks for the reminder. I think I get so discouraged that my progress isn't what I'd like it to be or think it should be, but looking back, I can see the improvement. But I forget fast.
Post a Comment