okay, okay. so I didn't go on a ride yesterday. I didn't do anything, actually. for personal reasons this was a day of rest and reflection.
so this morning I was determined to get on that bike. if only to ride it to work. so I pumped up the tires and headed out the door, only to realize hills aren't so fun when you aren't quite in bike shape. and my ride to work is all. up. hill. but maybe that's good for me.
after the ride home -- okay, who are we kidding. after reading the blogs -- I decided to go out on a little run. this was the first run post marathon. overall it was okay. not great. not even good. just okay. my right big toe hurt. you know that feeling that the joint in your toe just needs to pop? yeah, it was like that. it was a very random, out of no where type of thing. and other than that my legs just felt kind of like dead weight for most of the run. I just tried to take it slow and enjoy the moment.
it didn't help, either, that I've been feeling kinda yuck all day. my stomach is going all wonky on me. maybe it was the salmon tamales we had for dinner last night. who knows.
anyway, I went running! and I rode my bike! yeah!!
3 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Nice job! Taking that first step is always the hardest. Since I have been put on running lockdown I've been riding my bike all over the place. I take some big hills with my kids in the bike trailer thing, it's tough. Imagine pulling close to 100 pounds behind you up some big steep hills! Anyway, keep rolling and working hard.
the first run after a marathon is the worst.
i am in the biking thing this summer too. i try to bike to the gym, the library, the store and even futsol games. two kids in the trailer, one along side.
Post a Comment