Thursday, May 22, 2008

it's time to feel normal again

it's almost been a week since I've worked out. I'm actually walking normally now, so I figured it's time to get back in the game.

it's been a little rainny around here, so I couldn't go out on a ride. and I didn't really feel like swimming because I need a little break from the pool (though tomorrow I'm back in it for friday masters!). so I decided I'd try the elliptical since the good doctor says I still shouldn't be running.

I had higher expectations, I suppose. I set the time for an hour. my foots been bugging me slightly both yesterday and today, though, so after going a little over twenty minutes I realized it might be a good idea to stop. ease into this slowly. my foot was hurting slightly.

so I went and got one of those resistance bands and did a few sets of arm stuff. maybe now I should actually start focusing on strength. hmmm, what a novel idea. (I'm still too scared to go in the actual weight room, though)

20 minute elliptical, stiener

1 comment:

Chris said...

I don't know if you have seen this, I got it in an e-mail from SLC running co.:

Convert to Skirt
And get a free backpack!
Skirt Sports
If you haven't considered a running skirt now is the time to start thinking about it. While supplies last, buy any Skirt Sports apparel and we'll give you a free Skirt Sports backpack to take it home in.

Once you discover the fun & flirty fit of Skirt Sports apparel, don't miss out on the upcoming SkirtChaser 5k. Girls run in skirts, boys chase them...fun had by all!