Wednesday, April 16, 2008

monday + tuesday

monday, april 14th:
I did a 4.5 mile loop. it was good fargo practice--windy! the temperature was really warm, though. when I got home I didn't really have time to stretch and ice like I had wanted to. I had an appointment come up. I had this really random twitch going on in my left buttocks for a few hours afterward. pretty random and slightly annoying.

tuesday, april 15th:
I went up to steiner to do a speed workout on the tready. the track was a no go a) because I had to do it in the afternoon after work -- you know, high school track season and all. and b) because it was a rainy/snowy/sloshy cold mess outside by the afternoon. spring to the extreme! so I opted for the indoors where my pace can more easily be controlled. I did a one mile warmup. and then alternated between a half mile at 7:19 with a couple minutes of walking. I did 5 800's (800 equals the half mile, peeps). I did a 1.5 mile cooldown so the total running distance would be an even five miles. yeah, I'm OCD like that. I tried to stretch pretty well afterwards. and then I took an ice bath to cover all my bases in one, quick shot. my legs felt pretty beat up. today will be an easy, recovery day for sure.

No comments: