monday: ran on the tready before work. I did four miles. for a recovery run, I think I pushed it a little too hard for part of the run. my right hamstring hated me the rest of the day. that evening I had another massage, which seemed to work a lot of the kinks out.
tuesday: I ran two miles on the treadmill and then did some plyo. the ten minute jump rope routine. this time I was able to do it on the floor with the big mat, so it was easier on my joints, etc. and my calves weren't tight afterwards. bonus. afterward I did about a half mile cool down on the treadmill, I think.
wednesday: I had planned on going to early AM masters, but opted out of that to go with my cute husband instead. well, we both slept in too long and he wasn't feeling well anyway, so I ended up going after work. bad idea. there was a high school water polo game going on. which means fewer lanes to lap swim. which also means the girls warming up for the next game will swim in your lane. but they won't swim full laps. they'll just do these half lap things or just sit at the wall and generally just get in your way. now out of all three lap swimming lanes did they have to choose mine? I will never know. . . here is what I remember of the workout I made up in my head as I went:
500 warmup
some pull buoy action (until I noticed my left shoulder hurting... then I stopped and stretched)
200 reverse IM order (50's of each stroke)
100 (25 hard, 25 easy, 25 hard, 25 easy)
100 (50 hard, 50 easy)
100 (75 hard, 25 easy)
100 (hard)
100 (75 h, 25 e)
100 (50 h, 50 e)
100 (25 h, 25 e, 25 h, 25 e)
200 IM
cooldown
thursday: ran around liberty park. I was starving, but I had to go. so I did. I felt pretty good for literally running on empty. I ran the perimeter of the park.
friday: well, I haven't really done anything today and I think I'll keep it that way. I'm taking it as a rest day. I've got a big race tomorrow. the provo city half marathon. yep, I decided to do it and registered yesterday. I figure I might as well pay someone else to plan the course, place the water + gatorade and give me a tshirt! you can never go wrong with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey Coach A Jokes, I hope your run went well today. Also, I found out today that Atlanta has its marathon on thanksgiving day, which isn't a sunday, but a major holiday so I'm not sure how you feel about that? But it would but a cool one to do because it's the same course they used in the Atlanta Olympics. So yeah.
Post a Comment