it's been a rough two weeks for my running. let me recap.
monday, march 3rd: a three mile run? something like that. I don't remember now if anything significant happened or how I even felt. I think overall things went ok and I might have even felt pretty good. oh! I do remember now. I did a short run around liberty park with peter. that's right. joint run team.
tuesday, march 4th: a five mile tempo run. I remember feeling a bit tired. like my legs just didn't have as much in them. I did a mile warmup, a mile at 8:20, a mile at 7:45, a mile at 8:20 and then my last mile was a cool down. even though I felt a little sluggish, I didn't really notice anything abnormal with the state of my hamstring.
later that night I went with my little church girls to learn some hip hop dance moves from this chick in our ward. we were really groovin'. not only did I almost break my wrists off (she was teaching us some sweet stall moves), but I must have done something to my right hamstring. like re-pulled it. like this is not good pulled it. total set back. I'm still not sure if it was the run, the hip hop, or a combination of both.
wednesday, march 5th: I'm pretty sure I did a 40 (or 60?) minute yoga for inflexible people leg series.
thursday, march 6th: I was going to do yoga, but I don't think I ever got around to it.
friday, march 7th: went night boarding. man, oh man! now I remember why I like to ski. my butt and wrists were totally feeling it by the end of the night! good thing snowboarding stresses your quads (at least when you plow down the mountain) more than your hamstrings. I would have been hating my life if I had tried to tele that night.
saturday, march 8th: I was scheduled for a 15 mile run. since my hamstring was in disrepair I settled on the side of caution and just did eight. I figure I have enough room in my training schedule to move things around a bit.
oh, and I woke up that morning feeling sick.
monday, march 10th: well, that little feeling of getting the cold hit me. and boy did it hit me hard! I didn't go to church on sunday, I didn't go to work on monday. I did find some time during the day to do a very slow three mile run around liberty park.
tuesday, march 11th: again, didn't go to work. this cold was taking over my life! no energy, sore throat, stuffy nose. I took this as a total rest day.
wednesday, march 12th: I felt bad for not going into work on monday and tuesday so I sucked it up and went in. bad idea. it totally wiped me out for the rest of the day. I didn't go running.
thursday, march 13th: again, I was feeling pretty low energy. I don't think I even stepped outside of my house.
friday, march 14th: I was feeling well enough for a half day at work. but no running.
saturday, march 15th: in efforts to reclaim my life I did a long run. I had 12 miles scheduled, so I was determined to get it all in. even if it was at a painfully slow pace. it actually wasn't too bad. I hocked a few logies there in the beginning, and a lot of snot rockets throughout. I tried to get plenty of fluids every two miles. my legs did start getting pretty tight around mile 7 or 8, but I just pushed through and did my twelve.
it felt good to have some normalcy back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We could be twins. I had the same crud this week. Cut some long runs short. Stayed home a bit. Not back to normalcy yet, though hoping to get there next week...
Post a Comment