Wednesday, February 27, 2008

these days

monday: I did the three mile liberty park route. it was the first time the new shoes have been on a dirt trail. they were lovin' it. I actually felt pretty good. my legs--mostly my quads and calves--had been tight since the long run. it was really good to get them out there again. it definitely loosened them up. I had to keep pulling myself back because I felt I was running too fast. monday's run didn't need to be fast. that's what the next day's tempo run was for. oh, and I did a twenty minute leg yoga routine on the dvd. (read below for more specifics on said dvd)

tuesday: tempo run. it was five miles total. on the treadmill. (the treadmill seems the easiest way to do temp runs right now. I set the pace and just keep it for x amount of miles. maybe when the weather starts getting really nice I'll have to get the old garmin out and take it the streets and/or track.) I did a one mile warm up. one mile goal pace. two miles tempo pace. half mile goal pace with the last half mile easing back into a cool down pace. it felt pretty good. definitely worked me. but I was able to keep the pace. and my hamstring didn't really bother me. it's been pretty under control lately. I feel it minimally.

wednesday: since yesterday's workout was pretty hard, I just took today as an easy cross-training day. I did yoga. I stole my mom's yoga for inflexible people dvd and did a 45 minute session. it was pretty good. nothing like hot yoga. normal yoga just seems to move so slowly. but I did it because I need it. and this dvd is not too bad because it has like sixty different workouts. I likes me some variety in my life.

No comments: