Saturday, January 05, 2008

the year {so far} in review

monday, december 31st: hiked over six miles in telemark ski boots on a snowy trail. oh yeah, in the dark. {this will hopefully be another story for another day for another blog}

tuesday, january 1st: hiked over six miles in telemark ski boots on a snowy trail. this time in the daylight. it must be hard to hike in telemark ski boots for so long, because my legs were sore in slightly random places the next day.

wednesday, january 2nd: ran on the treadmill due to poor air quality. did about a 3 mile "hill" workout. tried to push myself. first time running in just the skirt. felt a little exposed while stretching, note to self.

thursday, january 3rd: took a rest day because my body was a little tired and feeling out of sorts.

friday, january 4th: did my long run so I could ski with the husband on saturday. six miles. my legs felt tired + tight.

saturday, january 5th: didn't ski because the canyon was closed until the afternoon due to heavy snow and avalanche control.

3 comments:

Letty said...

I have seen some women running in those skirts in a couple of my marathons, and I never thought they looked comfortable...it seems I may have chaffing issues due to extra thigh "stuff"...Is it comfortable and what makes it more comfy than shorts???
Sadly, I will confess that i thought the women wearing them looked a bit more "high maintenance" (not that I'm implying that you are...)although they did have much nicer legs than me!
I would love to know how it works...

Letty said...

Ok so that last bit sounded a bit bratty...i meant to say that they didn't exactly look "hard core" if you know what I mean....
I would say that they are cute. I have a swim suit that has a skirt like that. I just can't imagine running in it. ;0)

anna jo said...

mamma l -- the skirt is surprisingly comfortable because it doesn't ride up at all. I have a problem with that with shorts since I have (what I like to call) the chub rub. the skirt my husband bought only has the built in undies, so I have to stick with the body glide--just like I would with shorts. some skirts do come with built in compression shorts. I might have to get some of those for my marathon. I'm thinking hot pink.

yeah, I like the running skirts. they make you look hot while running. and what's the point of doing something if you don't look hot doing it? :)

the problem is I think they're getting slightly trendy. especially with the set you were, um, describing. the less hardcore, just out there to be seen, running a marathon because everyone else is doing it, etc. but hardcore people (like you and me! ;) can we wear them too, dangit! now go out and get yourself one!!!