Sunday, January 13, 2008

eight

I felt good when I woke up yesterday morning. {I should have, I slept for almost twelve hours.} I felt good on the first part of my run. it was still pretty icy so I had to be careful and slow the pace a little. there was one little slip that could've been bad, but fortunately it was just sliding without the falling or even the pulling of muscles. there were a few times during the run that I didn't feel as great. I felt tight, et cetera. but then I'd feel good again. and then tight again. and then good. as always, though, it was a great time for thinking. and the weather was nice, not so cold, so it wasn't a bad run at all.

when I got home I stretched. then I took an ice bath. yikes! those are pretty intense. I filled up my bathtub with the coldest water from the tap, then poured in all of the ice cubes that we have. the hardest part about the ice bath is the pain in your feet. but once they get a little numb, it's not so bad. {that generally takes about two minutes or so.} I like to try and keep my core body temp as high I can by wearing a beanie and wrapping a towel around my shoulders. and yesterday I held my little rice bag that I heat up in the microwave for added warmth. that seemed to work nicely. you know, it kept the convulsions down to a minimum.

8 miles; baby pug tree south, west, north, east

3 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I'm scared about the ice bath! Could you go into shock? Would Peter come home and find you in a coma?

Rick Edge said...

Hmmmm... What would it be like to sleep for twelve hours straight?

Chris said...

Holy jeeze you are HARDCORE! Ice baths! Wow I am impressed! Wouldn't taking an ice bath counter act the stretching before hand? I would think you go straight into the ice, then regain warmth (or consciousness, whatever) and then stretch out a bit. Guess that proves I've never tried an ice bath! You rock!