Tuesday, December 04, 2007

my run + a recipe

the temperature was relatively warm'ish this afternoon, so it made everything all melty. I ran the perimeter of liberty because the south side (I approach it from the south) had no snow on the path. I hoped this would be the case all the way around. it wasn't. pretty much the rest of the run around the park was through grey mushy snow. either that or I was slogging through muddy patches of dead grass. it was pretty fun.

it felt pretty good to be out there. just the normal random aches + pains. I almost didn't ice after I stretched. but then I made myself do it.

I also wanted to have my new favorite post-run food. . . the power smoothie. . . but the blender was still sitting in the sink from yesterday's post-run power smoothie. . . so it was a no go. I was totally bumming.

okay, okay. here's the recipe for the power smoothie already (it's really quite simple):

power smoothie
assorted berries of your choice
banana
peanut butter
milk

01. place a handful of berries into the blender.
02. cut up the banana and put in the blender with the berries.
03. blend a little
04. add a scoop of peanut butter
05. blend some more
06. add milk until desired consistency
07. blend
08. pour
09. enjoy

3 miles; liberty park perimeter loop

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

Your smoothie sounds very good. I love the fact that the blender was out of commission because it was in the sink. What's a person to do? Maybe you'll get a new blender for Christmas!