Wednesday, November 14, 2007

fairmont

I did it again. I woke up early and went swimming. you all should be so proud of me.

the workout was pretty good. I'm back in the slow lane and the sets get cut for us. I guess we're just not that fast. it's okay, though. I'm still getting an hour's worth of good ol' hard exercise. and that's all I really want.

so let me see. . . can I even remember the workout? this is more or less what my lane did:

500 warmup

8 100's (25 kick, 50 drill, 25 DPS aka distance per stroke)

200 freestyle
2 100's stroke (anything but free)
100 (25 fast, 75 easy)

200 free
4 50's stroke
100 (50 fast, 50 easy)

200 free
8 25's stroke
100 (75 fast, 25 easy)

cool down

I'm experiencing back pain when I turn at the wall. it comes on after I'm doing flip-turns for a while, and then I start doing open turns and it still hurts. I think I'm just really inflexible.

I've got an appointment scheduled with my sports massage therapist tomorrow. hopefully it will be the remedy I need to start getting my muscles back under control. I know I need it.

swimming; fairmont; one hour

2 comments:

j said...

ok- so i have this secret dream to do a triathlon someday. the problems? 1- i have contacts and can't seem to find goggles that fit right (and have been unwilling to just buy them and try them since). 2- i haven't swum in YEARS. literally years. what do these numbers mean on your blog?! any swimming/goggle pointers?

oh yeah, i have a 3rd problem with a tri- no fish in the water. i get really grossed out swimming with any live, scaly amphibious creatures...

anna jo said...

jen, I hear ya sister! the thought of swimming in a lake freaks me out! if anything were to swim by me and touch my leg or something? I would simply freak out.

but having said that, you should totally do a tri! (I should too--the only tri I've done was as a relay team, where I was the swimmer and that part was in a pool) I mean, you're already there with the running and the biking (let's be honest, you're more hard core than lance), you just need to add in the swimming. find some goggles (I know they make prescription ones, but those might be super expensive or something) and then see if there is a masters swim team in your area. it's a great place to learn technique and improve form, etc. even if you swim in the slowest lane (like me) you're still getting an amazing kick-you-in-the-butt workout.

I'm a firm believer and advocate of tri's even though I never do them. maybe it's time to change that.