Saturday, October 27, 2007

short long run

I woke up this morning and did the usual long run routine. I don't know by this distance if you could call it a long run, per se, but it's the longest I've actually run in a long time. and I'm still working up my base. so needless to say after I ate my pre-long run toast I laced up and hit the road.

it was a little chilly this morning. in the low to mid forties. soon I'm going to need to get myself a pair of those cheep little gloves. or find a pair I already own, I guess. I started thinking about winter running with snow on the ground, etc. I can't believe we're almost there.

the run was pretty good. the first four miles I felt pretty tight. I started loosening up in those last two miles. it made me feel good, even if my legs were still a little tight by the end. mile five was uphill, and I didn't even think about stopping and walking. I just plodded on. that felt good.

overall it was a good run. we'll hover around this distance for a couple weeks and then maybe push it up a little.

6 miles; baby pug tree run: west, north, east

No comments: