I needed to stretch out the legs a bit after the little backpacking trip we went on this past weekend. {I don't remember the exact mileage of the trip. somewhere along the lines of six to eight. not too terribly impressive until you add in the vertical gain -- about two miles roundtrip. between the two days we spent about eight hours out hiking, and a lot of that was through boulder fields. not easy, to say the least.} my calves, quads, and ankles were a bit tight yesterday and today. surprisingly, though, my hamstring held up quite well through the whole ordeal. maybe I truly am on the road to recovery!
I did the liberty park perimeter loop. the dirt path was easy on the legs and added more distance. instead of going home on 6th east, I headed up to 8th east to finish out those remaining blocks.
I feel myself getting stronger. I could feel it in the hiking. I can feel it when I go running. my pace was pretty good today. right after I hopped onto the dirt path, there was a girl running on the interior sidewalk. I thought to myself, if I can just keep ahead of this girl, I will be doing awesome! (since she was running on the inside track, she had a lot less farther to go than me!) it turns out, I smoked her! so that made me feel good. though she was probably just running incredibly slow. I felt fast today.
I'm starting my cleanse tonight, so I doubt I'll have the energy for any actual physical exercise in the upcoming eight to ten days. but afterwards we should see my energy levels skyrocket! and not to mention I will just be in overall better health. this is a total experiment for me, so we'll see how it all turns out. I'll keep you updated.
~3.5 miles; liberty park perimeter loop to 8th east
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment