well, today was a little better than yesterday. I'll give it that. I still have a headache and my upper body is sore. I still feel all yucky in my stomach. pete is convinced it's due to my lack of caloric intake. seriously, I'm consuming fewer calories now than I was on the juice diet. so he's forcing me to eat food even though I feel a little pukey inside. but I think it's exactly what I need. hopefully tomorrow my eating ability is a little more normal. I really don't want to be anorexic, but eating just isn't appealing right now. what's a girl to do?
here is a rundown of some things I ate today:
some cream of wheat (sweatened by none other than organic grade b maple syrup!), though I couldn't even eat all of it.
some vegetable broth (from the homemade vegetable stock I made this morning.) with a few saltine crackers. (which, btw, I found out are pure death. yeah, the saltines have high fructose corn syrup.)
orange juice. (I don't think it sits well with my stomach)
homemade vegetable soup (made with some of the aforementioned vegetable stock and more fresh veggies)
a {very tiny} piece of lemon cake. okay, I know what you're all thinking, you ate cake?! doesn't that go against everything you just did? well, yes. actually it does. the lemon cake had high fructose corn syrup in it too, but I ate it anyway. but our neighbors brought it over and it just looked so good and it was only a littly itsy-bitsy piece anyway. so I did it. all things in moderation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hi! I have been reading your blog just recently and I commend you for doing this whole diet. I can't even imagine skipping a meal let alone skipping 8days straight plus this post cleanse ordeal after. I hope your appetite goes back to normal soon. If i were to do this thing, I'm surely going to crave a bigMc meal after. :D
It seems you should take little bits of anything that sounds good until you settle into real eating again. Take it slow, but if you crave it, go for if. good luck!
Why in the world would they put HFCS in Saltines? Cake, sure; some juices, yeah I can see that; candy, of course. But crackers? That's just weird. I'm going to have to do better at checking labels because clearly it's not intuitive what might be bad for you. :-P
Anyway.
I'm glad you're eating real food again, even if it's just in little tiny bits! I hope you feel less headachey and pukey soon. :-*
Post a Comment