Friday, May 18, 2007

pre marathon friday roadtrip

we are hittin' the roads this morning in search of good times and potatoes. boise idaho here we come!

---
I think I laid low on tuesday, maybe had a waxing extravaganza. . .

wednesday peter and I had an early AM run before work. it was really nice outside. I started ranting about the inequality and unfairness of bcdc. he thought I was crazy.

thursday I just rode my bike to work. (I had to since I couldn't ride it today, national ride your bike to work day.)

friday is yet another rest day. maybe I'll walk the trail alongside the river tonight for a little bit to loosen up the legs. I'm excited to see the route. from the mile-by-mile online directions, it sounds like we could all get easily lost tomorrow! (my favorite part is when we take a small loop in the riverside elementary parking lot before heading back out onto the street at mile 21. are they just hurting for mileage or what?!)
---

ps I'm sorry, rachael, we didn't realize malad isn't on the way to boise. we might have to cancel lunch in efforts to get to boise in a reasonable time. we have to pick up my race packet, check out the course, carbo-load, and then get to nampa before it's super late. I hope you understand. and I hope you don't read this before I call you! [we plan on rescheduling. super fun road trip to malad idaho!]

4 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Just keep thinking about the reward at the end. What is the reward at the end???

anna jo said...

a medal. and hopefully a potato. oh, and a feeling of great accomplishment. and you get to stop running.

marta said...

hooray for road trippin! your 'team' will be rooting for you. go potatoes and go anna jo! rock it up.

powstash said...

hope you had a great run. geeze, we've worked "together" for so long and to find your blog I learned that you run, swim and love scrabble (and peter). good stuff acleverly.