Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Summer nights

I ran last night a little after nine o'clock and the heat was killing me. I've abandoned my waking up at five o'clock idea because I realize I am just not a morning person. Until I find some poor soul to wake up that early and go running with me, it just ain't gonna happen!

So I worked through the heat and ran a pretty respectable distance for my mid-week run. A solid five miles. I even ran up to the Smith's on 21st south to get a drink from the drinking fountain. I was thirsty and pretty much dehydrated.

While debating if I should take the detour and go to Smith's I decided I should really try and a Smith's to Smith's run one weekend. There's at least four Smith's in the downtown area that I could run to. I could loop around and hit each one as a water stop. It could be good times. I'll have to try it sometime.

I felt overall pretty good on my run. My right ham was bothering me a bit, but what's new? I can't function very well in heat, and I knew if the temp had been cooler I could've run it in a lot stronger pace, but I still felt like I was moving pretty fast.

I just really hate the summer for this reason. I am held hostage by sunlight. Forced to stay inside when I could otherwise be playing and doing the things I love. I don't like melting in slow motion.

5 miles; 8th East to 21st South

No comments: