I went on a long run with Lindsay Gardner this morning. This time she didn't stand me up. But Karla Hogard did. Okay, so we got there a little late and they had already left, but it was okay because Lindsay only needed to run about 8 miles anyway.
So we parked at the Einstein's Bagels on 3900 South and Wasatch. We ran north to the bike path near Parley's then out on Foothill. It was a good eight miles. The run had some definate downhill running for our quads and in return, some dang good hills to climb. It's all about the effort miles, really.
I felt pretty good. We started out at a pretty good pace for me--not too fast at all. I think Lindsay was still pushing it pretty hard, though. I could hear it in her breathing. She was a rockstar, though, and did well. My body held up. My ankles hurt a bit. I think that roll from the other night is affecting me a little bit. That tendon just feels tight. My hamstring held up well. On the last push home I had to kind of hold back a bit and not attack the last hill quite as hard. It's just not worth repulling.
It was a beautiful morning for a run. It wasn't even hot. I'm glad I finally have people to run with again. I'm a lot more motivated now. And it just feels so good to get it done.
~8 Miles; Wasatch Blvd to Foothill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment